JC Consulting (“we”, “our” or “us”) is a professional recruitment services provider incorporated in Singapore. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and maintaining compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) 2012 under Singapore’s law.
- Use Of Our Website
- Links To Other Websites
- Personal Information Collection
You can browse and use our website (www.jcconsulting.sg) without disclosing your personal information.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The personal information we collect refers to any information that identifies you and includes:
- Personal data such as your full name and contact details, and/or passport number, residential address, and so on;
- The contents of all documents submitted to us, which may include education and employment history;
- Any messages or comments you submit to us, which may include personal data such as full name, email address, and telephone number.
Your personal data may be collected in different ways, including but not limited to when you:
- Contact us to make an inquiry or request for a service;
- Apply for a client’s job opening through us;
- Apply to JC Consulting to work with us;
- Have been referred to us by a third party who has obtained your consent in disclosing your personal data to us.
Generally, we will use or disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- for arranging possible work placement for you;
- For evaluating your suitability for a position with our client(s) or within our own company;
- For facilitating an ongoing business relationship with you;
- For providing ongoing services or benefits to you;
- For improving our services or developing new products or services;
- For performing market research, benchmarking, or trend analysis where your information will be used as a sample in a large data pool and you will not be identifiable in the results;
- Where required by law or relevant government bodies, where such use or disclosure is necessary to respond to any claims or legal process;
- For third parties to verify or obtain additional information including education institutions, current/previous employers, and credit reference agencies;
- Where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire or make inquiries with relation to acquiring, an interest in our company;
- For a third party to perform functions or services as required by our company (for instance, to banks who are arranging for salary remittances).
- We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose without seeking your consent unless authorized or required by law.
We endeavor to take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information held by us is accurate and complete. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may write to our Data Protection Officer to request the following:
- To have a copy of your personal information held by us at the moment;
- To make an amendment or correction to your personal information;
- To add or update new personal information;
- To opt-out from receiving marketing communication materials in any form from us;
- To remove your personal information held by us.
Contact details of our Data Protection Officer:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailing address: DPO, JC Consulting, 8 Marina Boulevard, Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 1, Level 11, Singapore 018981
Upon receiving your request, please allow 5 to 10 working days for us to process it. To safeguard your personal information, we will verify the request with you before we provide any actions mentioned in the request.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Your personal information collected is stored in hard copy in our office, or soft copy in the computers/cloud-based database/servers of JC Consulting or our service providers in or outside your country.
We require our employees to comply with PDPA and respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. Only authorized employees of JC Consulting will have access to your personal information in soft copy or hard copy. Once the hard copy materials that contain personal information are no longer needed for business or legal purposes, they will be shredded by us immediately.
Your personal information may be transferred to overseas facilities for processing and storage when the need arises, and we will apply the same standards of security and protection. Please note that the Internet is not a 100% secure method of transmitting information, we cannot guarantee the personal information you submit to us via the Internet will be secure at all times despite our reasonable safety measures. JC Consulting will not accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for events arising from unauthorized access to your personal information.